vrijdag 1 april 2011

Affordable quality

In my last blog, I wrote about the cosmetic products of Essence. This time wanted to talk about a similar product, but Essence’s biggest competitor: Catrice Cosmetics. Just like Essence, Catrice is a German company which sells low prized make-up. Besides, Catrice is Essence’s biggest competitor, since both companies sell cosmetics in the same price category.  The assortment of both companies is very similar too.
My first experience with Catrice was two years ago. I went shopping for a cheap mascara, because I didn’t have much money for an expensive one. There wasn’t much choice left for me, since mascara is an expensive cosmetic product. If you want a mascara of good quality, you easily end up with a mascara of 10 euro or more. Eventually I found a cheaper brand: Catrice. After I bought Catrice’s mascara, I was surprised by its quality. This made me buy other products of Catrice. These products were good too. It was surprising that such a low prized product could contain such good quality.
What caught my attention was that Catrice kept developing the brand and its products, which made Catrice stronger in comparison with Essence. At a certain point Catrice renewed its collection entirely. This means new products, new colors, new names and a complete different look.
This new look makes Catrice look like an expensive brand, while it’s very cheap. The renewal didn’t have any influences on the price. The price stayed low and because of the new look, it got more buyers. Catrice is very popular now.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten